We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
In hopes that you and your families’ stay safe and healthy throughout this difficult time, we have been taking numerous infection control and sterilization precautions and have implemented many new protocols to successfully and safely reopen our practice for dental care.
Our doctors and staff have been meticulously trained to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Additionally:
Our office has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. It is also sterilized after every patient, and at the end of each day.
We have eliminated magazines, toys, and electronics from the waiting area.
We have installed sneeze guards as a barrier between our patients and our receptionists.
HEPA Filtration Air Purifiers have been installed in the reception area, as well as every treatment room.
An Electronic Air Purification System/Air Scrubber has been installed in our HVAC System, similar to ones found in hospital surgical rooms.
Other changes are forth coming as we are receiving specialized Chair-side Aerosol Suction Units to further reduce aerosol spread.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. We appreciate your support and if you have any questions and are unsure of anything, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are here to help and advise.
In order to comply with our new safety regulation, please be advised that the following are our new office protocols:
• Sanitize your hands.
• Wear a mask while in the office waiting room and treatment areas. Masks can be removed for treatment. If you do not have a mask, we will gladly provide you one.
• Temperature will be taken with touchless infrared thermometer.
• Asked about any recent travel, and or any symptoms you or anyone you have been in contact with is exhibiting. SYMPTOMS INLCUDE: FEVER, COUGH, RUNNY NOSE, SEVERE GI SYMPTOMS, SEVERE HEADACHES.
• Come to your appointment by yourself unless you are a minor. Minors must be accompanied by ONLY ONE parent or legal guardian.
• Please be punctual, and do not come to the office 10 minutes prior to your appointment time as we are trying to limit patient interaction as much as possible.
• If you are a new patient, all forms will be emailed to you and we ask that everything is printed or emailed back to us at least 1 day before your appointment.
• Please make an effort to make all co-pays or deductibles if known, over the phone prior to your appointment, to minimize interaction at the reception area.